Our New Site

Simply Reem

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chicken Soup... same old comfort with new flavors




I don't know about you all but i can find 1001 or even more reason why i love food, OK i got little carried away with numbers here but i can totally find lots of reason why i love food. The most precious of all is the memories which food brings along with it.

Chicken Soup is one such food which has one of the most beautiful memory of my life attach to it. Yes it was the first thing i had holding my newborn baby in my arm.Trust me the Soup in the hospital was not the greatest work in culinary field and neither my labor was easy. After an extremely long and painful labor, my baby was born(Thanks to my wonderful Doctor and Nurses, I knew i was in safe hands). Exhausted and hungry, the completely bland Chicken Soup did tasted like a masterpiece. But what made it so special was the fact that i had my baby in my arms and i was a MOMMY now. Even now whenever i have Chicken Soup i re-live the day my elder son was born. Now i am a mommy of two toddlers who run my life, sometime my days are crazy and everything gets upside down, but i wont trade my life for anything else.

I add few Asian ingredients to the pot of Chicken and Vegetable simmering together making it even more satisfying and delicious bowl of soup.


Ingredients-

Chicken Breast 2 diced in small cubes
Carrots 2 medium sliced
Celery Stalk 3 medium sliced
Chicken Stock 2 cups
Garlic 2 cloves finely chopped
Ginger 1" finely sliced
Coconut milk 1 cup
Cilantro finely chopped 2 tbsp
Fish Sauce 2 tbsp
Soy Sauce 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Black pepper 1/4 tsp
Lime Juice 1tbsp
Water 1 cup
Vegetable Oil 1 tbsp

Method--

Heat oil in a large pot, add ginger and garlic, stir for 1 minute. Add Chicken and cook it by stirring it for 2-3 minutes on high heat till it start to get little color but don't let the Chicken get brown. Add Celery and Carrots and cook them for few seconds, keep on stirring everything so all flavors blend well. Now add soy sauce, fish sauce, salt, pepper, lime juice, chicken stock and water, cover and let it simmer on slow for 10-15 minutes till the Chicken is completely cooked and vegetable get tender.

Add coconut milk to the pot with cilantro and let the soup simmer on very low for another 5 minutes. Check the seasoning, if needed add more salt or lime juice as per taste. Serve hot.

0 comments:

All images and content of blog Fusion Kebabs are copyright protected.All rights reserved.Reem.

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected